Ten and

Tell stories forwards, backwards and sideways.
I have $10 in this pocket and $6 in this pocket. How much money do I have?
I have $6 in this pocket and $10 in this pocket. How much money do I have?
I have got $14 but I went to the shop and spent $4. How much do I have left?

Doubles- 5 and 5 is 10 and 1 and 1 is 2 so 10+2 is 12.
8 and 8- 5 and 5 is 10 and 3 and 3 is 6 so 10 and 6 is 16.

Tell stories- My copycat friend and I went fishing and I caught 7 fish. How many did my friend get?

Helping students see connections between the knowledge they have can be extended.
Extend their range of doubles to go to 20 by using ten and, and the doubles they already know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom