Endeavour School ConnectEd PL




















I attended two sessions at Endeavour School.

One was about collaborative teaching- From this I found it difficult to listen in the space we were in. We were at a long table and should have moved to better suit the group. I decided to take the time to explore the space further. I noticed they had groups listed on the wall. We were told students check in at the beginning of the week - choosing their writing group based on the learning goal. Reading was chosen by their interest in the text choices.

The second session was about Discovery time- this session was really a group of passionate teachers who were all in some way or another starting the journey into discovery time. We chatted about how we thought we are allowing for discovery time. I would have appreciated some questions to get our discussion started and to guide us during the time we had. I came away with thoughts on how to include it I my program but I still want to explore the idea of the children leading the discovery and promoting opportunities for them to delve into their passion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom