Letters to the teacher

At the beginning of the year this student would cry and want her brother. She couldn't talk to me and assessing her was particularly difficult. I have built a relationship with her over the year and she is coping better during assessment situations or I have adapted how I assess her to get a true record of her knowledge. When gathering the data for her 6 year observation survey I also tested another child at the same time for the writing vocabulary part of the assessment. She was able to write more words than in a 1-1 situation with me. 

She comes to me each day wanting to spell more and more words and I always find the new words in the cards she makes for me. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom