Running records

We had some PL with Jeanette from reading recovery.

We began by clarifying what a seen text and unseen text is.
Seen text- a text the student has already read and read in an instructional setting, such as guided reading. Unseen text- a text the student has not seen, or has seen but not attempted to read.

I took a photo to help me remember the key for recording the child's behaviour. I used to tell the students to try that again frequently however I learned that it should be the last thing that I suggest.


The part that I found useful was analysing a running record that I took. I gained a greater understanding about errors and whether the error was for meaning, syntax or visual.

We were given a handout that I have been using since the PL to spend more time learning about taking a running record. I found the PL extremely useful. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom