Knowing me, knowing you

I have been supporting my students to know where they come from by saying their personal Pepeha. We have been learning our Pepeha since the beginning of the year. I sent home a notice informing the parents about our Pepeha and asking if parents had their own Pepeha that they want their child to learn. I recognize the importance of both knowing and sharing my own Mihi with my learners. My students have developed a culture where they share their Pepeha for the morning roll so I have been able to extend what they say as they become more confident. We are currently recording these for our class blog. I love that the children have taken ownership over saying their Pepeha. It is an awesome way to start the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom