Easy access to vowel macrons (pōtae)
How to change laptop language to Te Reo so you can easily
access vowel macros (pōtae).
- Finder
- Applications
- Open: System Preferences
- Language & Text
- Input Source
- Choose the Māori flag
Make sure flag at the top right-hand side of your screen is a Māori
flag (mine was the New Zealand flag, I clicked on it and the Māori one
was underneath, so I just clicked on that).
Changing the language to Te Reo just provides an easy way of
accessing a pōtae, the rest of the keyboard is still English, therefore
the Māori flag should always be on display.
To get a pōtae on the vowels, hold ‘alt option’ down when you press
the vowel key.
Note: not all fonts can do the pōtae.
access vowel macros (pōtae).
- Finder
- Applications
- Open: System Preferences
- Language & Text
- Input Source
- Choose the Māori flag
Make sure flag at the top right-hand side of your screen is a Māori
flag (mine was the New Zealand flag, I clicked on it and the Māori one
was underneath, so I just clicked on that).
Changing the language to Te Reo just provides an easy way of
accessing a pōtae, the rest of the keyboard is still English, therefore
the Māori flag should always be on display.
To get a pōtae on the vowels, hold ‘alt option’ down when you press
the vowel key.
Note: not all fonts can do the pōtae.
Comments
Post a Comment