Reading the readings

Our reading for last week was the text Effective Literacy Practice. I read the version written for years 1-4.


Something that stood out for me was a passage about reading to students. I aim to read five times a day to my class and that's not counting our book of the week or poem of the week. To help me achieve this goal I have been choosing books in the morning and putting them near my teaching station so when I have spare time before a break or transitioning to another activity I have a story to read. 

Yesterday during our end of the day reflections I was told by Child S that I read a lot of stories. 

So with that in mind and a bit more reading I found something to try. I am going to make sure I read a variety of texts; factual, poetic, fiction, blogs, the list is endless. I will try to maintain reading stories too as I enjoy reading them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom