Incredible Years - Session 1 Reflection

From the last session I went away with the following goals:
- To use positive reinforcement.
- To have fun with my learners for example blowing bubbles and playing games.
- To really teach the children about our class treaty and how we can show we are following it.

I worked really hard on relationships with the students and parents.  I did this by using the time in the morning more effectively to spend time with the students. Communicating with the parents by texting, emailing or sending notes home encouraging positive notes and messages.

I have been reviewing the class treaty at every possible moment and using short ways to show the children to follow the treaty. I would say- show me five. Which means show me the five things in our treaty. The children are quick to act and follow the treaty with this method.

The class has responded so well to the positive reinforcement and to being acknowledged for their efforts to follow instructions. They love being told that something they did was kind or helpful. I think that when I tell them I can see what part of the treaty they are following more children join in. For example 'Child A, I can see you are listening because you are looking at me'. This then encourages others to show they are listening too.

I have enjoyed working on my goals. I feel I still need to spend time having fun with my students and I can do this through language experiences.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom