Sketching

We practiced sketching techniques using charcoal and a 4B pencil.

We learned to shade using the words whispering, talking and shouting lines.

I am looking forward to working with the children and teaching them about shading, cross hatching and light. I am interested to see the children's shading on 3D shapes.

We also discussed 'working' a picture and that sometimes we can ask the children to add or change more than what is necessary. Let the work be their interpretation. There is no right or wrong. 

The session made me think about what author the children could study and what we might do for the upcoming art exhibition. 

Here is my charcoal motion picture. 
We focused on a model and drew them in the three different positions that they posed for. Our drawings amongst the staff were all very different. 

Comments

  1. I think it is harder for the older children to relax and enjoy the process. They almost need to unlearn what they think is right or wrong with their art pieces. I'll be interested to know how the process works with younger students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing, editing and celebrating writing.

Letting the learner lead

Clarity in the classroom